Friday 11 November 2011

old work part 3

 As a model maker I, of course, started with games workshop miniatures. The model on the left is based on one of my favorite drawings (below). i had to build the legs and lower torso from scratch and heavily convert the rest. Although i made this figure about four years ago, i am still proud of it as I got quite a lot of detail into it.















this is another sculpt that is based on a drawing. it is wolverine being eaten by a t-rex. i wanted to do this for ages but didn't know how to start. then i got the idea to get a t-rex toy and convert it, but all of the ones that i found never quite fit the bill. then one day i went to hastings and went into a little model store and my girlfriend called me over and showed me this facial reconstruction kit of a rex. it consisted of a skull and tools. i made the rex out of milliput and wolverine out of super sculpey (my first time using this material).





 I designed this yoda whilst on holiday in greece. when i got back i put it with all my other used pads and doodles and forgot about it for a few years. One day i was rooting through my drawings and i found it. the following week i was having a star wars day with my friends so i decided to make it. i only had a little bit of sculpey so i got a jam jar lid and started sculpting.

i made this ork bust because i was bored and had some clay to hand. it was a bit of a quick job to make. i think i made it in a day including painting.









this was one of my last games workshop figures that i made. The original model was just a plain dreadnaught that came in a box set. I then proceeded to completely destroy the poor thing and broke out the green stuff. this took about a week to build and i am particularly happy with the little nurglings sitting on it.



for a better image of the dreadnaught, please check out
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/yeta.123/orderby/Descending?browseid=2025166

No comments:

Post a Comment